Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the 2022/2023 registration process.
Before AHDA Membership, each dancer must sign up for lessons with a local dance teacher.
AHDA Membership Benefits
- The opportunity to dance in a non-competitive environment at the Annual AHDA Christmas Concert, Antigonish Highland Games Street Fair Concert, the Antigonish Farmers Market and other community events throughout the year.
- The opportunity to take part in AHDA sponsored workshops, preferred registration and pricing, recitals and socials.
- The opportunity to compete for the “Bill Cousins Memorial Award”, presented at the annual AHDA Fall competition to a pre-premier member of AHDA.
- Will have their dance competition results submitted to all social media outlets
- Dancers are eligible to apply for an AHDA scholarship in their last year of secondary education. Association members are eligible to apply for a travel allowance if selected to represent Nova Scotia at the annual Canadian Highland Dance Championships.
- Membership year runs from September 1 to August 31 annually.
2022-2023 Membership Fees
$45/Dancer or $60/Family
Registration Fees: $25/Dancer or $35/Family
Fundraising Fees: $20/Dancer or $25/Family
Dancers will still be required to sell 5 books of tickets for the Christmas concert draw.
Deadline is November 1st. A late fee of an additional $15 will be applied to each dancer after the deadline.
$20 Affiliate Member
Post-secondary students residing in Antigonish Town or County or outside the region, who are taking classes from an AHDA teacher are eligible for an affiliate AHDA membership.
Affiliate members are ineligible for provincial representative travel funding from AHDA.